Do you have a heart for ministering to active duty military personnel and their families, but aren’t called to leave your church? Is your church located on or near the East or West Coast or major inland waterway? If so, then the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary Clergy Support (ACS) program may be the ministry for you and your church!
What is the United States Auxiliary Clergy Support program?
- The Coast Guard needs 150 chaplains, but currently have only 40; 10 of those are in administrative positions which leaves only 30 to be out in the field at any one time, providing religious support to America’s Lifesavers, and their Families!
- The ACS program helps to fill this gap with qualified* local clergy as members of the Coast Guard Auxiliary!
- ACS candidates are thoroughly vetted; requiring the approval of 3 Chaplains, 2 Admirals, an examination board in Washington, D.C., with final approval of the Chaplain of the Coast Guard!
- ACS candidates must be able to operate within the framework and protocol of the United States Coast Guard! (Prior military experience is helpful, but not required.)
- Those approved will serve under the supervision of active duty Coast Guard Chaplains!
- Approved clergy receive the same 100% confidentiality protection as active duty military Chaplains!
- Approved clergy will be authorized to minister to active duty Coast Guard personnel and their families in much the same way that active duty Chaplains do, being granted access to United States Coast Guard facilities.
- This is a volunteer position, but the rewards are out of this world!
Pastor Mike Barnard at email@example.com or call him at 541-297-1571.
For information on endorsement for the ACS program, contact Andy Meverden, CBAmerica’s Director of chaplaincy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Notes: Qualifications include professional ministry education, ordination, Coast Guard Auxiliary membership, endorsement by a federally recognized endorsing agency (like CBAmerica), and affiliation with a local church in proximity to Coast Guard facilities.